Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Quiet! I'm trying to listen to the little voices...

Looks like I'm gonna get a small sanity break. It's not that I don't love my sister, and young Gabriel is a cute kid, but the bottom line is that he's nearly two and and Annette and Merril are the parents of a nearly-two-year-old, with all the craziness that implies. (blasphemy) There have to be reasons people tough out the "old enough to talk, but not old enough to say anything besides no" stage, but I haven't twigged on to any of them yet. My siblings could probably tell me, but I don't think I want to know. Frankly, it's probably for the best that I'll likely be single the rest of my life, I don't think I want to have kids if it means having little kids... They're cute, and it's not like it's their fault, but still... (/blasphemy) At least with fifteen grandkids and one great-grand, I imagine my parents won't be pestering me to continue the family line any time soon, thank Urd...

At least it's been raining. Yesterday we got an inch and then some, it's been a very wet spring compared to what we're used to, and I for one am loving it. People who love sunshine are either very disturbed or have never lived in a drought-stricken area, more likely the former. The world's just a nicer place after (or during) a good solid washing, smells nicer too. If the weather reports can be believed, we're in for a few days of sun before the next bunch of storms might come in. As long as it doesn't rain on my market day, I don't mind.

The Market's going great so far, two market days so far and both times I've sold everything I've taken. To celebrate, I took myself out to dinner Saturday night, a new chinese place recently opened up a few blocks from my house. The food is great and the service is almost scarily obsequious, I just hope they don't go out of business like most every other restaurant I like... At the end of each meal, instead of a fortune cookie you get a half an orange, neatly presented, to clear your palate with. It's different, but I think I like it.

At any rate, rain or not Market this week is gonna be fun. We're having a steel drum band come and play for us...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home