Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I Sound My Barbaric "Yikes"... / Update

Well, today's the day. In a little while I'm gonna head for work, picking up a carton of ice cream for root beer floats along the way. Later today I'll sign the official papers and hand over the rest of the money, and the place will be mine. Or I'll be its... Anyway, I'm nervous as heck because this is probably the boldest thing I've done in my life. I hope I can pull it off.

UPDATE

Okay, I officially own the place now. and I've survived my first day. We had a couple busy stretches, but we were able to get through them just fine. The root beer floats went over well, and I'm sure they'll become a big item once more people know they're available. Tonight I go to a meeting of the farmer's market board to see if they're interested in investing in my restaurant. My restaurant, what a concept... Still gotta get the various paperworks straightened out, utilities changed over, and things like that, but still... Yikes.

2 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Blogger Thom said...

I keep forgetting to ask: does your place sell fish and chips? In the white butcher paper wrapping?

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Thom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home