Wednesday, February 22, 2006

All Quiet on the Cold Front

I haven't posted much lately. That's probably because there's not much to say. I could do very insightful op-ed articles like Thom, except for the fact that I really don't have the passion for it. It's hard to get meaningful when your reservoirs of emotional energy are at drought levels. Right now, best I could manage would be sarcasm and the net has enough of that without me. Besides, Thom already does such a nice job of it, why gild the lily? (On the other hand, the news that my favorite brother is becoming a Seitanist is somewhat disturbing...)

February's just kind of *here*. I'm looking for work, but keeping it quiet in the hopes that Mom won't find out and try to help. Any siblings reading this, DO NOT TELL HER. My niece Angela comes home from her mission next week, it'll be interesting to see what's become of her as a person. Rumor has it that one of the former missionaries from her area intends to come up and visit her before the week is out. Maybe I'll have to take my bokken with me to the family gatherings (other than the airport) next week, to drub him thoroughly when he arrives. I never had much stomach for the kind of boys who flocked around Angela before her mission, and a guy who comes sniffing around a girl immediately after she returns from the Mormon Nun program deserves no respect in my book.

Random thought for the day: Is the decline in manners in modern society related to our growing unwillingness to destroy our enemies?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home