Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Carmine "The Beans" Pasquale meets Ron "The Chips" Stratton

Sha na na naah, sha na na na na got a job!!

There's a coffee shop/trendy little eatery opening next week across from the post office, and I'm hired. I'm putting in a couple hours a day, five days a week, but it's a job and if I like it there and the feeling's mutual, I can always see about more hours later. Right now, I'm just happy to have a job where I'm going to be working for a person rather than a corporation. Even better, it doesn't interfere with the farmer's market or either of my cooking classes. Monday and Tuesday we get trained, and Wednesday we open. The Grand Opening will be a couple weeks later, after we have our shakedown. The boss, Miss Ferguson, says this is her first time running a restaurant, but from the looks of things she's either run some other kind of business, or gotten a lot of very good advice. It's certainly going to be interesting.

3 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Blogger Thom said...

Cool beans! Best of luck to you and your new employer!

This is the one place you had a soft commitment from for awhile now, right?

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great! Congrats. I hope all goes well.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Benneducci said...

Yeah, this is the one I mentioned on previous occasions. It'll be interesting working there and occasionally seeing things that used to grace the premisis of Union Jack's, since she did buy a couple things off me. I kinda regret selling my A-board sign now, since it's finally hit me that it would be very hending to have for the market this summer...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home