Saturday, May 27, 2006

POP goes the DSL!

This week I got DSL, after years and years and years of wishing I could afford it. As is typical for all things technical and involving me, it's taken pretty much the entire week to get it working right (insert a great deal of knocking on wood here). Still, ah laaaahhk it! All the guilt of tying up the phone line is fading fast, and now I can download stuff and check out all the weird videos I want to. Thom, while I kinda agree that metal rockers dressed like demons is not my thing, I must say that they did pick a rather cute girl for that LORDI video. Still, blonde demon cheerleaders... Ick.

I'm skipping the market today, but only because it's raining. It's a nice steady rain, the kind that will last pretty well the entire day. I love rain, I never feel like I could get enough (and this region definitely doesn't), but I wish it'd waited til this afternoon. Well, I did go down there for a few minutes to say hi to folks and sell a few bags, but Dan and clan are gonna be stuck with the odious task of helping me eat the rest. The horror.

Work seems to be going okay. The head cook had to take a week off to go visit family, and decided to take another half-week without telling us. She's fired now, oddly enough. I don't know if the boss is going to be looking for a new cook, but I'm definitely not going to apply for the job. I've got all I want with the shift I'm on, doing prepwork and dishes. I'm not an ambitious person anymore, or at least my ambition is to keep the job I have rather than stretch for bigger and only theoretically better things. I'm hoping that over the next few months I'll get used to having a job so I can let go of some of my worries and unblock my creativity again.

In the meantime, I've got a half-loaf of foccacia spread with garlic butter, ham, and mozarella baking in the oven for breakfast. Mmmm.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home