Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Why Would I Want Fries With Popcorn?

Ten points if you get the reference.

Just a quick post because I can. I was looking over my comments for my last post, in which I howl and scream that things are going well but yet I hate life, and I'm noting a frustrating trend. The anonycommenters are making it hard to tell if they actually give a hoohoo or if they're just spamming me. One of the other, folks! Either say something interesting or just get your advertising over with so I can delete you! Both confuses me...

Question: In twenty years, will anyone remember Geico for any reason other than those "But I have good news" ads? I almost let one slip here, much to my terror-wibbling... Anyhoo! From the Desk of Ariel Bummermann, the article on Monday has made almost no difference. Monday was semi-busy, but otherwise business continues much the same - not horrendous, but frustratingly mediocre. On the other hand, from the Desk of Halley Golightly, I have found a cook for the evening shift. I finally asked the gal who's been helping out with rush if she was interested, and she said yes. It'll still likely be the end of October before night shift actually starts, as I want to finish out the season at the Farmer's Market (Friday nights and Saturday mornings are not a good combo), but at least it's looking more like an attainable goal. Also on the drawing board are plans for some kind of Guy Fawkes celebration on the 5th of November. Fireworks we can't do, but we could pull off a bonfire in the railroad parking lot out back. The trouble I'm having is how to turn that into fun and/or a boost for my business...

Anyhoo, I still hate life, but it's more of a relaxed sort of hate at the moment. Honestly, I don't think the world and I are ever going to get along... If anyone finds an exit, let me know...

4 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can turn on something called word verification to get rid of automated comment spamming. Don't know if that will get rid of all of it, but it might help.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Thom said...

My experience is if they're saying things about your blog that they could say about any blog (ie. no context to their comments) they're spammers. And most honest commenters don't try to get you to their blog, and they don't log on as anonymous.

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, where is that quote from? I know I should know it. It's there, hovering just off the coast of my conscious memory. Help me, Obi Wan! Put me out of my misery.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Benneducci said...

The quote is from Animaniacs, an episode involving a drive-in theater and a concessions clerk named ...Mitch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home