Thursday, June 15, 2006

Proudfeets!

Howdy folks! This here is your favorite Evil Overlord signing in to give you the latest snews on what's going on in the Evil Empire. First off is that the Evil Empire has a semi-official webpage now. In truth, it's just the new webpage on my new isp, but sooner or later I will get around to putting things that are Evil and Imperial on it. Right now it's just got pages for my old swashbuckling rpg and my new Firefly rpg, but all things come with thyme. Except for those that come with garlic.

The job is going well, and things are settling more or less into a steady groove. Not sure if we're a success or not, but thankfully it's none of my concern. The place does seem reasonable busy... I'm taking off work tomorrow, though, as my participation in the Farmer's Market has yielded a surprise opportunity. Tomorrow in Old Town is the opening celebration of the Bigfoot Rendezvous, an odd combination of scholarly symposium, museum exhibit opening, and street festival. Along with my fellow FM food vendors, I have been invited to come peddle my wares to the hopefully hungry hordes of hairy humanoid hunters and hecklers. It's an opportunity to make some sales and listen to live bands, so I'm there. What I don't sell tomorrow I can sell at the market. Unless of course I go completely ballistic and make way more than I could possibly sell... So far I've made about twenty dozen cookies, and am planning on baking a few more batches tomorrow. Hey, I can't sell what I don't make, right? Besides, the Market's been bringing in a pretty fair amount of money for me, I'm sure I'll make more than enough to cover my expenses at the very least. Pardon me while I do the Happy Happy Money Dance. You might want to take your kids out of the room until it's over, for their own safety.

Still nothing of note on the literary front. My inability to write this last year has been a source of major frustration for me, but sooner or later that dam will burst. My brain never stops ticking over, sooner or later the infinite number of monkeys will start producing Hamlet again. Or better yet, something that won't be a complete plagarism.

Anyhoo, that's all from the Evil Empire today. Keep checking this space, sooner or later something terribly exciting (or subversive) might happen! Maybe even a sudden attack by cute animated hamsters!

2 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh save us from the animated hamsters with nobody inside them! (see What Was I Afraid Of? by Dr. Seuss)

Glad to hear things are in kind of a comfortable groove at the moment.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Benneducci said...

Man, that was a waste of time... Silly me for thinking the Old Town Association had something besides optimism in their upstairs. Bottom line, I just wasted seven hours selling maybe $30 worth of stuff. Seriously bad event planning. But at least I have my baking for tomorrow (and quite possibly the next week) done already...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home