Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Sailor Nothing Says: "i'm very tired..."

Yes, that's a reference, no, you wouldn't recognize it. It's kinda how I feel this week, though. Things are just weighing heavily in the emotional department around here, and it's really wiping us out. Dad wasn't doing too well today, so Mom stayed home to keep an eye on him while I called in the substitutes at work. Shannon and Rosenda work for peanuts (almost literally), and while I kinda like having Mom at home, I don't like the circumstances. Business remains terrible, but on top of the usual stuff something's got the freshmen on a tear this week. They're extra-loud and obnoxious lately, and today they did everything but smash the candy machine with bone clubs to release its sugary hoard. I'm gonna have to call the guy who owns it this week and find out how much the silly thing costs, so I have something to threaten them with.

On a side note, Mansfield Park is a good movie. I haven't read the book yet, but I would definitely say it meets the requirements for a good Jane Austen flick. Unfortunately, girls like Austen's heroines don't exist anymore, if they ever did... Oh well, it's not like I have twelve thousand pounds a year to tempt any of them with.

Anyway, life stinks, we're trying to cope with it, and high school freshmen need mandatory sedation, or more recess, or something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home