Friday, October 28, 2005

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

I should know better than to let that thing watch chick flicks. But dang it, they're just so good!

Anyhoo! This is a brief post to reassure everyone that yes, I am a disjuncted lunatic trying madly to pierce the reality barrier in hopes of creating a pocket dimension in my own image. But aside from that, life trudges onward. Dad had another bad spot this morning, but he was doing better by the time I got home from work. Yesterday and today were rather decent business-wise, which doesn't make up for the week but it beats being a complete washout. The last farmer's market of the year is tomorrow, and I've got chocolate chip, peanut butter, lemon bars, and mint brownies to sell. On Monday night I'm gonna try and throw a Halloween party down at the shop for friends and family, I've invited both my vastly underpaid employees (though I'll be greatly surprised if Rosenda makes it, she's got family and she's really shy to boot). The exact plans are up in the air, but we'll probably have fun no matter what.

Also, this week we start doing a dinner shift three nights a week. Mom is going to move to doing the night shift entirely, which should make things easier for me as well as easier for her to keep an eye on Dad. Shannon (who has been my drinks runner and emergency cook) is going to take over the day cooking entirely, and the aforementioned Rosenda is taking over as drinks runner. And before any of you brothers of mine start making jokes, yes it's nice to have an all-female crew, but no there's no way any of it's gonna turn into anything romantic or creepy. Chances are good the whole shooting match will fold by New Years anyway.

So that's that for now, with me doing my best to not go manic over the stuff that piles up from every direction. The shop's probably gonna close (I gave the landlady the two months' notice for breaking the lease this week), but I'm going to give it a few last gasps to see if it can turn around. In the meantime, I'll see if I can enjoy the ride. Maybe I should try keeping in better touch with those brothers of mine, seems like we're all going through some tough/weird times lately...

1 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger Thom said...

Actually, it didn't occur to me until you brought it up.

{insert obligatory teasing about Ron's Crew here}

Good luck with the dinner shifts. And tell your guitar to buck up. Things could be worse. It could be a ukulele.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home