Monday, November 14, 2005

And when they say "Who wants goat spleen?"...

Finally getting around to updating. We've been doing dinner shift for two weeks now, and so far...it's a colossal waste of time. We've had a few people come in here and there, but half of our income from it has been MellenRoy or Sherilynn stopping in. Mom and I just about pass out from boredom (our chairs are not comfortable enough for sleeping in), and inevitably we close up and leave by or around eight.

What this means is that it's pretty much a given that we're gonna be looking for a buyer next month. It was an idea that sounded great from the front end of it, but things just haven't worked out. Time to cash in and move on. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do next, but I've got some time to think about it. I just hope we can get back most of what we've paid out over the last few months...

Next week is the Big Family Gathering, yaay. I'm not sure what the plans are, but I'm gonna be closing the shop from Wednesday til Friday night, when the Post-Thanksgiving Twinkle Light Parade comes through Oldtown. There's also a holiday festival (formerly known as Cottages and Cranberries) downtown that night, which might possibly mean that we could see some business. Maybe we'll just have whatever family's in town come keep us company, we'll see... I am looking forward to seeing everyone, but family gatherings always bring a kind of personality pressure that brings out the worst in me. I'm already a cranky person, but thrown in even a few of my older siblings (not to mention their various entourages) and I become a grouchy recluse. It's frustrating, because there's some family members I really look forward to seeing, but unless there's a huge thing going on I never get to see them. Maybe I'll just have to give in to the Dark Side and move to Boise some day... As soon as I figure out what the heck I'd do there.

1 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm not coming for Thanksgiving, so you can relax! :-) I wish I were, though. It's so rare to actually get the Boise half and the Pocatello half all there at the same time. We're always pretty goofy as a group. It should be fun. Too bad. Have fun for me too, will you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home