Thursday, December 15, 2005

It's The End of The World As We Know It (And It's About Time)

Well, it's final. My restaurant, Union Jack's, is closing tomorrow. The building is cold even at the best of times, and business has slowed to a very sluggish trickle. We've had an ad in the paper to sell it for a couple weeks now, but while there has been some interest in individual pieces there hasn't been any firm offers yet. Mom tossed out the idea of having a 'garage sale' the Saturday after Christmas to liquidate the stock and furniture we haven't sold by that point (as well as anything else the family wants to toss in), and while it just occurred to me that that's New Years Eve I do like the idea.

It's been nearly seven months since we bought the place. Dad keeps saying that it's been a good experience for me and that I've learned a lot. Maybe. Right now I feel like the only thing I've learned is that you have to be part of a corporation or already rich to succeed in modern America. Maybe in a few months I'll feel like it was a valuable experience, but right now that really isn't the case. My main concern is offloading as much as humanly possible so that I can pay back most of what I've borrowed from Mom. Once that's done, I intend to fall apart for a couple weeks in the hopes that I can get it all out of my system. After that, I don't know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home